Welcome!

To all those reading this I am David Gibbs; I am a Lecturer in Law at the University of East Anglia.

I created this blog as a general out-let of ideas for my research, as well as keeping those interested up-to-date on my research and general interests.

I completed my PhD thesis at the University of East Anglia in 2014. The thesis was recommended for the award of PhD with no corrections. My external examiner was Prof. Simon Deakin (Cambridge) and internal examiner was Prof. Morten Hviid.
My PhD research centred on directors' duties and company law. The thesis was titled 'Non-Executive Self-Interest: Fiduciary Duties and Corporate Governance'. It was a doctrinal and empirical study on whether self-interest was suitably controlled amongst non-executive directors.

My supervisors were Prof. Mathias Siems, Prof. Duncan Sheehan, Dr. Sara Connolly and Dr. Rob Heywood

All opinions of any existing or future blogpost are my own. They do not necessarily represent the views of any of my associated institutions.
ORCID 0000-0002-6596-8536



Friday 7 October 2011

Fiduciary Law Publications

The Boston University Law Review has recently published a series of articles in its journal on fiduciary law.

These publications are the result of a symposium on 'The Role of Fiduciary Law and Trust in the Twenty-First Century'.

Panel 1 publications focused on the nature of fiduciary law and its relationship to other legal doctrines and categories. This panel includes a publication from Prof. DeMott on 'Causation in the Fiduciary Realm'.

Panel 2 was on interdisciplinary views of fiduciary law and includes an excellent article by Sitkoff on the 'Economic Structure of Fiduciary Law' which summarises some of the economic approaches to fiduciary law.

Panel 3 addressed current issues for fiduciary law although I think a more accurate title would have been continuing trends or problems in fiduciary law. Suprisingly there was no specific article on multiple directorships with analysis focusing on issues such as remuneration, public interest and accountability; all of which have been discussed to a large degree.

Finally, panel 4 looked at private servants and private fiduciaries. Perhaps the most relevant one of these papers looked at CEOs and limits on their terms.

Hopefully some of these papers will continue to provide me with valuable insight in to my analysis of directors' fiduciary duties.

These articles can be found on HeinOnline citation (2011) 91 B. U. L. Rev. 833.

No comments:

Post a Comment